Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy of mine is working on a '66 coupe with a 289. He has installed Ford GT-40P heads on the engine. He has also purchased a set of Hedman long tube headers for a stock 289/302. Surprise, the headers won't fit the heads! Does anyone know what the correct headers would be for this application (or is there another solution)? Thanks in advance and thanks for this awesome site!

·
Registered
560 Posts
MAC makes a set of headers for the GT 40P heads. CJ Pony Parts sells them and I think they are in the low $200 range. Huskinhano has them installed, I would check with him on the heads/headers also.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I bought mine from Central Coast Mustang. They are like a tri-y design, but they are put together better, and they fit the P heads. I believe I paid 260 or so for the, they are nickel plated. I have had no problems with the, and am very pleased with them. The shorty headers made by Ford Racing for the P heads will not fit inside the engine bay of a 66 mustang, I tried, so don't bother.

Dave

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
I bought the same headers as DAVZ289 from Central Coast Mustang. They are great. Easier to install than the previous full tube jobbies I had on the car, they slip right in from above. No jacking the car up 3' in the air to get the headers on or off. I've had them on the car for a year and a half with no problems. The flange on these guys is very thick (+/- 3/8") and helps prevent blown gaskets. Even the nickle plating has held up pretty well.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Guys, any issues with power steering and the GT-40P heads? How bout getting to the spark plugs? Where's a good place/price for these heads?

Kelly

·
Registered
823 Posts
Hey ragtop,

Did you use them on your 69 vert? I have a 70 with AC, PB and PS and I was wondering if they would fit my car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts