Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all you cool cats and kittens out there, need some assistance here in the header department. Currently I have MAC headers on my '68 and they fit great with my Aeroform (Steeroids clone) rack and pinion setup. They do not fit with my Dazecars external hydraulic clutch. One of the primary tubes sits right on the slave cylinder. They are also not compatible with a cable because one of the primary tubes blocks the cable mount on the bellhousing. So as I see it, my only options are to swap to a hydraulic throwout bearing, which I have hesitant to do or swap out the headers which seems like a better idea. I'm looking at Tri-Y's and it looks like they'll afford a lot of clearance for both the R&P and the clutch slave cylinder, just want to see if anyone here has already gone down this path.

·
Registered
990 Posts
I have Patriot Tri Y's on my '65 with the daze clutch setup and Borgeson steering box. Works pretty well. I didn't have to ding them at all.. but had them ceramic coated.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
My son has JBA tri y on 67 347 (302) standard port heads, stock mounts, manual brakes, Unisteer and modern driveline and easy room
I have JBA 4-1 1/3/4 on 69 352 (302) p38 ports, adj mounts , Hydratech, TCP power rack and modern driveline closer tolerances but no beating on pipes. I did NOT have success with a high port 427 of making it work with custom Accufab headers.

·
Registered
1969 Sports Roof
17 Posts
I'm running Headman long tubes. If you look you can see them peaking out. I have a TCP power R&P. JMC Clutch actuator. and, a T-5 bell housing. No issues.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts