Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to purchase headlights for my 69 Mach 1. What’s the brightest headlights do you guy’s suggest that won’t burn anything up?

·
Registered
412 Posts
i got the xeons from VA Mustang and am very happy with them. $50.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
I agree with YankeeDoodle, the VA Mustang units work very well, and don't seem to require any kind of relays. They are 50 bucks for 2-headlight systems and 100 bucks for your 69, since you have 4 lamps.

I also advise using a higher-output alternator and an electronic volt regulator, to keep the lights burning steady and bright.

Since I wanted the car to appear to be stock, I got a Beavco 105-amp alternator (comes in a stock Ford case - and is only about $60 to your door!) and a NAPA electronic alternator with an original Autolite cover on it.

The combo burns with a bright white light and does not flicker or dim at all on my car.

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
I'm running the Tribars that Mustangs Plus sells. I also installed relays for the high beam and low beams, to reduce the load seen by the headlamp switch...

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
The Beavco alternators can be purchased through our favorite auction site, or you can contact Glen Beavers, the owner of the auto electric shop, directly at [email protected]

The Beavcos are wired exactly as your original alternator.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts