Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to buy a hood for my 67 coupe, i have a 351w with a performer RPM manifold and a holley carb, not setteled on the air cleaner yet and will probably decide after the hood is here. Will that all clear with a stock hood or will i need a cowl / scoop type hood? THANKS

·
Premium Member
10,952 Posts
the 351w fits under the hood of 65-66 with a performer rpm. i have seen a few. i use the air gap a 3" k&n and a b9 schooop ! the stang on the left was mine.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I have a 351w with a performer RPM intake, Edlebrock carb, standard air cleaner ('77) under the turning signal hood in my '68. It is pretty snug in there, plenty of room with other air cleaners.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
I am running a vic jr which is a little taller than the rpm intake..I bolted a Mach 1 style hood scoop onto my stock 68 hood and now I have good clearance as well as some nice cool air coming in..With a drop base air cleaner you should be able to get it to fit though..

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
I have a 351W in a 68 with a regular hood using an Edlebrock RMP dual plane intake and a holley carb and it does fit but its tight. I started with a K&N 14 Air Cleaner Assemblies 1-1/4 Drop Base and a K&N 3 inch tall filter which almost made it. I switched to a 2.313 inch tall K&N Filter (KNN-E-3740) and it fit. Because of the smaller filter it was just a hair small of sealing in the base. I snugged it up inside the base with some winter door window adhesive strips. That brought it up just a hair for a tight seal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts