Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few weeks ago, looking around at Roundup I noticed the rubber fender mounted battery shield, which I think is unique to the '66, on a restored vehicle.

I didn't even know I was missing it! I've found so many unfilled (factory) holes in and around my vehicle that I didn't think much about those four near the battery. A couple of bucks to NPD, and I'm back in business.

OK, back to more important topics....

Steve

·
Premium Member
1965 Coupe
2,754 Posts
What does the shield look like? Where is it in the catalog? So many questions...

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Like I said, I think it's unique to the 1966 model. It's in the NPD catalog, p. 104. Other people sell them, I just have so many copies of the NPD now (they stuff one in with every order) that I brought one to work for reference.

Steve

·
Registered
153 Posts
Steve,
Went to the Roundup for the first time this year. What a great time! I have never seen so many nice Mustangs in one place. It was like heaven.
Mike

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, it was terrific!

Did I meet you there? Sorry that I don't recall.

G

·
Yeah, mine has this as well. I was kinda thinking that my battery must be turned around, as the way I have it the rubber protects the ground side, which doesn't really seem necessary. I think I like the positive side away from the fender apron anyway, battery shield or not.

·
Administrator
19,514 Posts
Oh, I agree! I still find out things about my coupe that I need to correct. It's usually minor things like the way a wire is routed or a clip that is missing--things that may have been changed by a mechanic or that I just didn't notice were lost. The thrill of the discovery and then making the correction is always fun! You never stop learning in this hobby, that's for sure. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
153 Posts
Steve,
Like I said it was my first time there. I met many people. We had about ten of us from our club there. I thought I would never get through the list for peoples choice selections. I was there in my 69 Mach in gulfstream agua. Also passed out about 1400 flyers for our show next year.

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got your flyer! :{)

Look for the VMF shirts next year....

Steve

·
Registered
5,368 Posts
Yep, car shows are the best. There's nothing like taking out a stang for an early Sunday cruise to a car show. Car is spotless, traffic is "light", and the tank is full. Then once there my favorite thing is when someone thinks enough about the work I've done and my car to take pictures. That's the best.

G

·
YEP,thats how i feel about the shows,nothin better than early morning run w/nobody on the streets
[except ME!] an the kickin back an talking to everyone at the show.

Dave

1 - 12 of 12 Posts