Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what if I choose turbo 6 instead of V8 on the 66' coupe? I live in Bangkok, Thailand and V8 engine is out of reach. However their was a wide variety of used engine import from japan such as 1JZ-gte with VVTI from Toyota at a exceptable price, about $1,600 and came with 280hp stock. This is my first mustang project and want to know that is it a bad idea to do such swap or shall I stick with V8??? http://rcweb.net/forums/?action=dlattach;topic=221232.0;id=194249;image ::

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
I'd LOVE to see someone put an all wheel drive skyline drivetrain in, or a 1jz/2jz (preferably the 2jz) from a supra.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Its not a bad idea. You'll be breaking new ground so there won't be much help available for you. Its not like a 351W swap into a 66, there haven't been several hundred of them done already. So you'll have to figure a lot of stuff out on your own. But if you are a skilled fabricator or just very determined you should be able to do it.
On the Mercury Cougar board I visit, there is a guy from Australia who is always saying it would be cheaper for him to swap in a Lexus V8 than building a 351W for his 69 Cougar.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Go for it. It's your car.
I think it's a good idea.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts