Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in a small town of 30,000 in south western Ontario. More salt and snow than sand on a Florida beach. Thus you can count the number of classics on one hand. Since, 1988 there has been, a 65 2+2 clone, my 67 Fastback (moss green) and a 65 Convertible (plus the usual rod, and chevy crowd). This spring, when I finally got my 65 convertible restoration on the road the first day I crossed paths with about 10 other Ford restorations. A 65 convertible, 71 Mach 1, 69 boss, 3 - 4 coupes, and 4 cougars. They are all one the road this spring and I have not seen them in previous years. The question is.... Is this happening elsewhere as well. More importantly will the sudden interest push values down. Appreciate your feedback. thanx doug

·
Registered
470 Posts
Doug where I am from ,It is interesting to drive through communities and to just look in peoples garages on a saturday morning.It is amasing how many cars a stored away.
Robert

·
Registered
322 Posts
Doug, I live in a village of maybe 200 people and we got 1-65 coupe, 2-66 convertibles, 1-66 2+2 FB, 1-70 428CJ Mach1, 1-70Mach1, 1-71 Mach, 1-73 Mach, as well as many others that rarely see the light of day. I heard from a close reliable friend in a dodge club that there is fabled to be a '71 Dodge Daytona in town that I'm looking for. A guy down the street has an all metal '33 Willy's. As far a values, the valves of all the cars seem to keep going up with age.

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
The more the better. Who cares about value I'd own my car if it were worth nothing and love it. I think that more people need to enjoy there cars more. Give a neigbor kid a ride. My car is a show car for the most part, but I wouldn't own it if it were just a piece of art that set in a garage and got pulled on a trailer (MCA). I haven't seen it happening here I hope it does.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts