Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother just recently purchased a 68 Stang, it is an auto. and it has the 302, it also has the badges for the 302, not to mention under the hood by the radiator is has "Boss Hoss" writen. I don't think there was a 68 302 Boss but I figured I would check with you guys and maybe see if he got himself a deal for $800.

Also if anyone has a 66 Mustang Coupe for sale I am interested, my Mom had one once and I want to buy one and restore it so it is Identicle to hers that she used to have. help me out and find one please.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Hello.68 was the first year that 302s were in the mustangs.They were not,however,the boss 302s.That is an entirely different motor.They made about 700 69 boss 302s and about 7000 70 boss 302s.In 71 there were some boss 351s.Not sure how many.You could get in touch with Marti Auto Works and see exactly what the car came with and how many Ford made like that if you are interested.Hope that helps. :)

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
There were over 1600 69 Boss 302's that were sold to the public

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
Chances are that it is not a Boss 302 To assure yourself look at the block and find the freeze plugs. If they are cupped or anything but screw in (with what looks like a place for a giant ratchet to install them sith) then its a regular (non-Boss) 302

1 - 4 of 4 Posts