Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am 15 guys i have no idea what it means....

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
She Who Must Be Obeyed!

·
Banned
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That makes sense thanks guys i figured it had something to do with the wives :p

·
Registered
441 Posts
I am 26 and have a SWMBO and had to google it to figure it out. The link Todd provided is definately a good insight to the lingo used here.

Edit: Strike that I am 27 now.

·
Registered
12,306 Posts
Yeah, I kept meaning to ask the origins.. Is this like a VMF specific term or something, or is it.. an 'old people' term or something? :lol:

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
Don't know about VMF specific, but on the SHO forum, they use AWA. "Audible Warning Alarm". Usually seated in the passenger seat.

Frank

·
Registered
71 Posts
Crustycurmudgeon said:
Don't know about VMF specific, but on the SHO forum, they use AWA. "Audible Warning Alarm". Usually seated in the passenger seat.

Frank
Very funny !!! :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
5,463 Posts
1970 mustang said:
That makes sense thanks guys i figured it had something to do with the wives :p
Who said anything about a wife? You don't have to be married to have a SWMBO ;)

·
Registered
765 Posts
SWMBO is one of those things you never want, and is one of those few instances in life where you're better off renting than buying........... ;)

·
Registered
678 Posts
Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
Everybody should have a COW........once!

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
JohnnyK said:
Yeah, I kept meaning to ask the origins.. Is this like a VMF specific term or something, or is it.. an 'old people' term or something? :lol:
Nope. It was originally termed on the British TV and novel series', "Rumpole of the Bailey" from the late 70s/early 80s(?). Good stuff, if you're into that kinda thing...

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
SWMBO = http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/blu67/DSCN3582.jpg
:p

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Bank of Midlife has some competition...lol.

My former SWMBO used to criticize me for driving a potentially life threatening car....as she was lighting a cigarette. I never quite got that logic, but it was what it was....hope she is happy wherever she is; yes, I still have the car...and I'm about to move in with another SWMBO who actually like compromise...who woulda thunk?

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
No, this is swmbo:

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00000JWZL.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

1 - 20 of 25 Posts