Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I could not resist this car. Sorry, I know it is not a Mustang, but I like it enough to experience it for a while and see what the other side is talking about. I just recently had a real Boss 302. While this one is only a clone (they never made 1970 Challenger T/A Convertibles) is has ahd over $8,000 spent on T/A stuff alone to make it authentic including a 340 sixpack, pistol grip 4spd and all the T/A goodies. Even though it is not real it seems to ride/handle like one. So I'll tool around in this for the end of the summer and give you all my feedback (as if you care!) on what it is like on the other side comparing a Ford T/A to a Mopar T/A clone. (Don't worry I still have a couple of Mustangs!)

More pics if you are interested:

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=5181124&uid=2075470&members=1

http://pic10.picturetrail.com/VOL310/2075470/5181124/66128297.jpg

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Ok,

Nice ride...!

Get a 68' Z28 next.. (this is THE CAR that started the whole Boss302 thing for me, my buddy has one)

Then a 70 AMX.. (too cool, I spent two hours going over the Penske car at Monterrey last year)

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
Mopar's 340 six pack is one hell of a motor..it can haul like a big block

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Man, you're my hero!
I live vicariously through your automotive purchases.::
Ever thought of adopting a fellow VMFer? :p

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
really nice.... Some Dodges get the most money I have ever seen for a car.... Just amazing

·
Registered
471 Posts
yea mopars are still cool i just got rid of a 68 charger with the rt interior and a console auto but it only had the 318 in it but it still hauled az.nice find ::

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
I have been where you are at many, many times. In fact, my wife and I still own four 4th gen F-bodies (2 97 Formulas, 1 99 Camaro SS and the last of the last a 2002 T/A Ram Air Conv). My tastes have run from shoe box Chevys to "other" musclecars, but my Boss has always been my pride and joy for some 25 years now. There are LOTS of great cars out there, just not enough time and energy to spread around on them. I have finally resigned myself to the fact that I MUST trim my "fleet" of 12 Mustangs down to 5. That's a great car you have there, but when you get in your Boss and take her to redline (wherever that is!!), then you'll know why its called "The Boss"..... :: ::

randy

http://www.bossman-motorsports.com/boss1.jpg

·
Just some guy
67 coupe, 69 Sportsroof, 86 hatchback
20,658 Posts
I think you're just in a "gray" area. The dark side would be more like a '69 Z28 302 car. Funny I've never met a Ford guy that didn't like an old Barracuda/Challenger/Charger/hemi/wedge/etc at least a little bit.
Ahem. Drool, drool. How DO you find all this stuff? Jeez.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Mopar's 340 six pack is one hell of a motor..it can haul like a big block
You beat me to it. The 340 is probably the most overlooked engine by non-Mopar fans (and no, I never owned one.......)

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
I've been looking for something like that for a long time. I'm finding I can no longer afford the Mopar I want :(. I should have gotten one 10 years ago.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
NICE! I, too, often have the temptation to go to Mopars. I would love having a 1970 'Cuda AAR.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I'm thinkin' '67 GTX or '66-'67 Charger.

And I'd say the opposite of a Boss would be a mid-70's 455 Olds Delta 88 or such -- 125 hp vs. 5000 lbs., with overassisted PS, marshmallows for springs, and 4-wheel drums.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts