Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
What should I expect to have to pay for a set or orginal ribbed tail panels for a 67 mustang fastback.
Thanks Al

G

·
They range from $100 a pair with broken off studs to about $500-600 for a pair of mint ones with no broken studs.

·
Registered
7,761 Posts
Charles is correct, I have one of each (broken studs and near perfect) the near perfect set is likely going on my car. The broken studs have been repaired with aluminum studs by a local welder but we'll see if they are actually visually any good once cleaned up a bit more.

Although a good broken set with one or two studs broken will still run $300 - $400.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Does anyone have an opinion on the reproductions being sold by some of the big name Mustang parts companies? How do they compare in quality and fit to the originals? I know the originals are quite pricey, even when they are literally basket cases.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Sorry to butt in, I have a 67 FB that probably needs them, What are you guys talking about

·
Registered
7,761 Posts
wulaner said:
Does anyone have an opinion on the reproductions being sold by some of the big name Mustang parts companies? How do they compare in quality and fit to the originals? I know the originals are quite pricey, even when they are literally basket cases.
They are sand cast and not impressive at all.

Rough cast and very heavy.

·
Registered
7,761 Posts
trialsguy said:
Sorry to butt in, I have a 67 FB that probably needs them, What are you guys talking about
Some of the very nicest around are on Jeff's car.

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k156/jefftepper/Mustang-04.jpg

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Whoa you mean the panel covering the valance? Man I've not noticed that before! Sure looks nice

·
Registered
800 Posts
If you are looking for a set,let me know as I have a extra set that I'm going to sell.My e-mail address is in my profile.
Greg

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
GT_SCODE said:
Some of the very nicest around are on Jeff's car.

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k156/jefftepper/Mustang-04.jpg
In my opinion - that is Ford' best looking tail end styling job of all the vintage years.

It rocks!

Nice car.

·
Banned
374 Posts
GT_SCODE said:
wulaner said:
They are sand cast and not impressive at all.

Rough cast and very heavy.
What does "sand cast" mean?

Why does the weight matter?

·
Registered
7,761 Posts
The repro sand casting leaves a rough finish while the original are smooth.

Weight is not a huge issue but they mount using the tail light studs not the strongest of attachment points.

By all means please order them and let us know what you think.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts