Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Need help wiring what looks like a terminal block mounted on the engine compartment between the starting switch and the battery. Has a single threaded stud coming off it. I think it has something to do with the convertible top. If so where does it get it's power from and what wires are connected to it? Not mentioned in the shop manual.

·
Registered
309 Posts
http://www.cobranda.com/db/images/AJB1.jpg

This is a '67 Shelby AMMETER JUNCTION BLOCK that MOUNT's on the INNER FENDER APRON WALL. It is for the extra gauges (I think)...

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
Raymond, thanks for the photo but not quite like it. It's spaced about 1/2 inch away from the compartment wall and is held on by 2 sheet metal screws.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I think you are referring to the junction block for the convertible top switch. There is a shorter wire from the positive side of the starter solenoid to it and then a longer wire also connects to it and runs thru the firewall and eventually hooks into the black wire on the back of the up and down top switch. The wires are black and fairly thick. I am not sure if this is what you are talking about, but it probably is. The other 2 wires that go into the plug on the back of the up and down top switch come from the top motor behind the rear seat and they are also fairly thick wires and colored red and yellow. Hope this helps.

·
Banned
4,774 Posts
Look at a venders catalog for what they list as a 66 convertible junction block & fusible link wire . The wire is like a 30 amp fuse . Every 67 cv with power top I have seen has had that type .

·
Registered
10,206 Posts
Well Raymond, that is for the Ammeter on the Shelbys. By the way, that one isn't the only one they used. The early cars had a different shaped grey colored one (like on my car). The later ones used one out of the Lincoln/truck parts bin(kinda like your picture)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts