Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was thinking about buying a console locally for my 1967.. And there is a local member trying to get rid of his, but he's sent me a picture, and it doesn't look at all what I'm used to.. Can anyone identify?

·
Premium Member
5,108 Posts
I'm going to guess it's for a cougar. It does not have the seat belt cups. It's sure not a 67. With the exception of the seat belt cups, it's a 68.

There are slight differences between coupe and vert consoles on how the base is cut to fit the hump.

Dave

·
Registered
194 Posts

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
it's a rigged up 68. Someone replaced or covered the top plate with some sheet material, and cobbled the standard 3spd/4spd boot and retainer into the top.

·
Registered
35,867 Posts
it's a rigged up 68. Someone replaced or covered the top plate with some sheet material, and cobbled the standard 3spd/4spd boot and retainer into the top.
I agree. Probably not useful even for parts.

·
Registered
12,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh, seriously eh. I was thinking of grabbing it and using it and slowly converting it over to a 67.. interchangeable, no?

But, the guy wants $50.. You guys are saying pass?

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
68's had holes in the top to accommodate the pad. These were in the camera case (black) area. Not an easy fix. The bases (plastic) are the same. the top plates seem to be plentiful for both stick and auto for the 67 console. The shift plate for stick is reproduced which has lowered the price of an original a little bit. The hard part to find in decent shape is the radio face plate. The one on this console will also have holes for the pad in the camera case areas. $50 isn't bad for a decent base, especially if it comes with any wiring and the back panel for the little cubbie hole. If you were going to bring it back to original, I would pass and find a 67. If you want to modify it could be a good candidate. If the radio face plate is not hacked at the control wells then you could sell that and get more than what you have in it back.

·
Registered
12,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys! Maybe I'll pick it up, since it's apparent I'll never be able to afford the 67 one.

BUT, you guys do have a point. WHere are the seatbelt holes?

·
Registered
12,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wowwww.. I am a complete f'in moron..

I was sitting beside my car. You know, the one I look at every few days for the past 9 years... And forgot I put a hand brake on the tunnel. ahahahah

1 - 12 of 12 Posts