Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For about 4 years now I've had a package of two rubber bumpers labeled 69-70 front fender to cowl bumpers. I have no clue how to install them and none of my books, including the shop manual (vol. iv, body) show these bumpers. Is it possible that they are supposed to fit on the cowl cover itself, on the side edge, putting an "L" shaped guard of rubber between the cowl and side of the fender? It would expose the rubber to sight, particularly as about a 1.5 inch long piece would be on top of the cowl. Anyone every see these/install these?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
not sure what you have. my 69 has 2 round bumpers that sit in the corners on the cowl. by rights you can adjust them up and down to keep the corners of your hood level in the back. very similar to the front bumpers on your rad. support. also under the cowl itself there are 2 blocks of rubber/foam about 1 1/4 tall- 3in. long to hold the cowl up a little i guess. not sure these are what you are describing though.dont remember anything else in that area myself.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
When you open yoour doors look into the hole between the fender and the inner fender at the front.The bolt that holds the fender to the cowel has the two square rubber mountings
Don

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmmmm. I had not thought of this area as a potential location for these bumpers. They are not square, however, and do not seem to be shaped to go at that location. I do not have any "square" rubber bushings there either. Something to think about. Thanks for the heads up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts