Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bench bleeding a new m/c and keep getting this stuff squeezing through. Debris? I thought it was some kind of fuzz, tooling oil maybe? I’ve been digging it out but it keeps coming up!

close up

·
Registered
125 Posts
Probably some sort of assembly lube. If it bothers you remove it.

Reactions: 2nd 66

·
Just some guy
67 coupe, 69 Sportsroof, 86 hatchback
20,627 Posts
The question arises, why would somebody use a petroleum based assembly lube on internal brake parts. It's kind of NOT done. Especially by a commercial rebuilder. Hackles up.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
One hack to another I guess.
thanks guys. I sucked it out with a few feet of extra hose. Was trying to get that little worm and lost track of where the fluid was.. not only will it take off paint it tastes like crap!

·
Registered
1966 Mustang GT 4sp Nightmist Blue
440 Posts
That’s really common especially when using Dot 4 or higher brake fluid. My mechanic friend(works on Merced’s, Audi and BMW) says he sees it all the time and it’s of no concern but I removed mine anyway lol.
Chris

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I used DOT3 but even with the jizz floating around in there it’s better than what bled out.

tied for the worst brake fluid I’ve ever seen. And it’s only a tie because I don’t think it can get much worse.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
From the looks of that mung It would be a good idea to completely replace all the fluids in your brake system

Reactions: Israel
1 - 11 of 11 Posts