Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a Ford underdash AC evaporator, and this piece came with it (see attached).
Do not know what model Ford the evap was from.
It looks like a trim piece, possibly between the bottom of the dash and the evap? ...but isn't a "coin tray" supposed to fit there?
Do both coin tray and this piece somehow fit?
1965 Dash spacer bar for evap.jpg

thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,947 Posts
It goes across the entire top of the evaporator from mounting ear to mounting ear and fills the gap between the dash and the back of the coin tray.
Ex EVAP-up to 66 -2.jpg

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes! Thanks.
BTW, my AC liquid and suction lines come out the LEFT side of the evap, not the middle...???
OH! Can it be that your evap is a 1966, and thus does not have the removeable coin tray -- so this strip is specifically for a 1966 evaporator?

·
Registered
946 Posts
The spacer plate in your photograph is for 1965 and should also have a rubber seal along the lower lip. A 1966 evaporator under dash spacer plate is without an indentation under the ash tray and also has a rubber seal. The coin tray on a 1965 evaporator is removable and is held on by two screws along the side of the fiberglass housing.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Also, thanks for that pic of the 65 with the passenger side foot shield on the right side of the evap! Never saw something like this, altho' I had heard of it.
Are these available anywhere?

·
Registered
961 Posts
Mustang parts suppliers, C.J.Pony has it or there is one on Ebay.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Also, thanks for that pic of the 65 with the passenger side foot shield on the right side of the evap! Never saw something like this, altho' I had heard of it.
Are these available anywhere?
Yeah, factory original on 65 cars. Now and then one will pop up on Ebay.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts