Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Incorporated Sell Out
17,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hooked it up, and it runs
It runs all the time after I reach temp, I know its becaue I need a bigger radiator that isn;t the question.

The question is my is the fan so loud. I am running a stroked cleveland with 3 inch pipes and 3 chamber and an x pipe and the fan is puts out a high pitch whine that drowns all that other stuff out. It isn't contacting the radiator there are no marks, it appears to be the fam motor, is it suppose to make this much noise?

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Dodge,

Mine is pretty loud, but i can hardly hear it over the exhoust from in the car. If you think there is a problem let me know...

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Mine's pretty loud, but only marginally louder than the stock elec fan in mySaturn. I'm not bothered at all, but Lolita's exhaust pretty well covers it up.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Mines kinda loud with the hood up but I can't even hear it if I'm in the car with the hood down. I know its on by looking at the voltage gauge.

·
Premium Member
11,701 Posts
My first SPAL was really loud. It burned up.

My second SPAL was also really loud, and a pusher running backward. It burned up too.

My third SPAL is very quiet, works like a charm and cost me nothing.

SPAL honored the warranty on both dead fans, so I now have a spare too.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Ya thoes Spal's are pretty loud, they really do cool my car though, I usually have my radio on so loud I cant really hear it ::. I had to change my t-stat out to a 160 degree one, because the sensor that came with my Spal fan was a 180 off and 190 on, so my 185 degree t-stat I had would hold my temps at 185 and my fan would always be running, changing the t-stat would allow my engine to cool down below 180 and have that fan turn off, in the spring and fall seasons the fan only comes on at stop lights and in traffic.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
mine is loud but i have a tranny/powerstearing cooler that has a fan that pushes witch adds to it. kent took a look and said it was pretty loud. i have no idea if its ok but its working.

·
Incorporated Sell Out
17,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bill...its LOUD
Driving on freeway at 3k (75-80) MPH with windows down it can still hear it lightly off in the distance.

I am going to try switching to a different thermostat to see if it will cycle off, as it stands now, it runs all the time and never shuts off once the car has warmed off....finrst I thought it might be the marginal nature of the cooling system, if defintely sounds broken wrong. What is the warranty does SPAL have? I would ask in chat, but the AIM client does not work on my brothers system because of firewall issues.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts