Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
1967 Coupe
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Replaced heater bypass valve, wiring and all of the temperature control sliders. Really excited about having working a/c. Turn the key, turn on the blower fan..... nothing. Maybe I pinched a wire or something so I go at it chasing wires and grounds. Nothing. Sitting in the driver seat feeling deflated with thoughts. Like, could I break even if I sold it now????? Should I hire someone to go over the work???
I notice in the ashtray a 30amp fuse.......

that dear Readers is why I am the VMF Bozo of the weekend.

(it works and I did it! Wwwooooo I love this car)

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I confounded Tracy the checkout person at HD this am. I had a odd assortment of fertilizer, rat traps, paint brushes and some other thing. Tracy asked what I had going this weekend. I told her the days project was to kill some rats, paint them then dip em in the fertilizer and see if they would still grow. WHAT!?!?!??! was her response.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
I confounded Tracy the checkout person at HD this am. I had a odd assortment of fertilizer, rat traps, paint brushes and some other thing. Tracy asked what I had going this weekend. I told her the days project was to kill some rats, paint them then dip em in the fertilizer and see if they would still grow. WHAT!?!?!??! was her response.
You were just mean to that young lady. I say as I LMAO.

Reactions: Woodchuck

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Well...I just broke a 15 year old pre-marriage irreplaceable champagne glass while washing it...if that counts.
Irreplaceable because of sentimental value or because the pattern is no longer sold. There is a site that deals in replacement pieces like that. Not at a bargain price.

Reflecting on this there is probably more than one site. If I can recall the url of the one I've dealt with I'll post it. etsy and ebay also can be a good source.

·
Spammer Hammer
11,072 Posts
Apparently not available. It was part of a set from the Biltmore Mansion. It came with a special edition bottle of their champagne. Which is amazing BTW.

·
Registered
5,258 Posts
Well...I just broke a 15 year old pre-marriage irreplaceable champagne glass while washing it...if that counts.
The marriage itself is the important part!

·
Registered
62 Posts
My weekend Bozo moment: C4 auto dipstick tube was leaking and I finally received the new O-ring so time to change it out. Unbolted the dipstick tube from the head and pulled the dipstick tube out and heard what sounded like a splash. Looked underneath and see transmission fluid streaming out of the dipstick tube hole. It eventually turned into a slow trickle by the time I got a pan underneath it.

Garage floor was a mess to say the least... Doh!

·
Premium Member
6,656 Posts
Reactions: patrickstapler

·
Premium Member
6,656 Posts
I confounded Tracy the checkout person at HD this am....
My old buddy Ralph had a new Lowe's employee helping him hunt for a box of smoke one day because his propane grill was out...
He also messed with some Burger King employees one morning trying to get a cup of melted ice.
He was more fun than the sprinkler system at the Alka Seltzer factory.
Miss ya, Ralph.

·
Registered
5,258 Posts
The fact that you were washing it and not her has got to help a little guilt wise?

Reactions: patrickstapler

·
Registered
67 Fastback T5 331 TCI Frt End, Canted 4 link rear susp
707 Posts
Couple days ago I decided it was time to use deck cleaner to take the winter green stuff of the deck boards. Long story short, used the water hose too long, ran the well dry, killed the pump. $3,600 later...

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
I was fixing a special dinner and burned 2 fingers in a skillet full of butter and sea scallops. Distracted by that, I was trying to wash my razor sharp knife to carve the meat that just came off the grill and it slipped and stabbed my thumb to the bone. I closed it with super glue. 1/3 of my thumb is now light purple. Otherwise dinner was great.

·
Registered
5,258 Posts
Wasn't me this weekend. It was the woman in front of me at Lowe's trying to buy a lawn mower at the self-checkout. Surprise, it didn't work.
Was it a riding mower?:eek:

1 - 20 of 53 Posts