Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Well it wasn’t exactly this weekend but that is when manifested itself. Tore the garage apart this weekend looking for my rotor splash shields. With no place else to look, I saw the 5 gallon buckets I have vinegar in to soak parts. Sure enough I found some hinges, looked fantastic, and the splash shields, they were disintegrated. What were those made of, or were they a lot rustier than I thought. Can I win something??

·
Registered
1966 Mustang 200ci I6 Automatic
18 Posts
I ran my engine for a few minutes, shut it off, and my brain magically forgot it’s senses and I started to open the radiator cap a minute later. Let’s say I very quickly realized my mistake

·
Registered
49 Posts
I confounded Tracy the checkout person at HD this am. I had a odd assortment of fertilizer, rat traps, paint brushes and some other thing. Tracy asked what I had going this weekend. I told her the days project was to kill some rats, paint them then dip em in the fertilizer and see if they would still grow. WHAT!?!?!??! was her response.
Mike;
Fun at the checkout counter.
I picked up a pack of poison peanuts for the moles at Lowe's. The young checkout girl looked at the pack and said
"EEEEWWWW. Poison peanuts!"
I told her that I had some people coming over that I did not like.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Well...I just broke a 15 year old pre-marriage irreplaceable champagne glass while washing it...if that counts.
How many years of bad luck come with that mistake? Are you still getting looks around doorways?
Is Sofa City comfortable?
Just go buy her a new diamond. She'll forget until you make another mistake. Then she'll remind you of the last 14 you made in addition to the most current move. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: patrickstapler

·
Registered
62 Posts
Changed oil, filter gasket remained on, installed new filter, 5 quarts on the garage floor. Best part is I’ve known about checking this but was in a hurry… dumb (bozo)

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
My brain hadn't been reformatted as this happened a couple days after installing the rebuilt engine and swapping out the C4 for the Toploader. Went to start the car up to do a little more fine tuning, hit the key and the car lurched forward. Thankfully my friends were paying attention and had stepped away from the front of the car before startup.

Yes someone, (dufus me), forgot to push the clutch pedal in and started the car in 1st.

John

Reactions: New2me

·
Registered
282 Posts
Doing a top end on my Yamaha YZ250F. Grabbed a rag off the bench to stuff over the crankcase and it had a washer in it. I heard it Plinko down under the crank to the bottom. Coming out of the frame and gonna shake it like a piggy bank, otherwise I'll have to split it. Was going to be so simple..💩

·
Registered
7,416 Posts
After working on my truck just about all day I decided I was at a good point to test drive it around. Well, I had been working on it too long and it was hot and I was tired and I left the hood partially latched at one point when I went back up to the house to get some water. Forgot all about it until the truck reminded me when I was driving it. It wasn't pretty. That was an expensive test drive for 2 new hood hinges. At the time my brain rationalized it that both the hood hinges were wore out anyway. Fortunately it didn't do any other damage than to try and turn both hinges into some kind of pretzels. Does the bozo of the week end replace the Dufus trophy now?

So I the added rule to my rule book for working on old cars and trucks is before you decide to test drive your work, double check to make sure the hood is latched. I might also need a rule that says to consult my rule book before, during and after doing any repair work on one of my vehicles.

Reactions: Pittbull

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Doing a top end on my Yamaha YZ250F. Grabbed a rag off the bench to stuff over the crankcase and it had a washer in it. I heard it Plinko down under the crank to the bottom. Coming out of the frame and gonna shake it like a piggy bank, otherwise I'll have to split it. Was going to be so simple..💩
I had a very similar thing happen years ago with a Suzuki 400. I hung the bike upside down from a cloths line pole in the back yard to shake the screw out.
My cranky old neighbor laughed at me and made fun of me through the evening. 11:30PM I had everything back together except the exhaust system and fired it up . Mr. cranky was really impressed by that.

·
Registered
1969 Mustang Coupe
180 Posts
😄 The "run out of gas thing"
I'm the guy who always ragged on my son to never drive on the last 1/4 tank of fuel in his truck. I had many good reasons for him not to do so and eventually he clued in.
Fast forward to my current state of mind...
Apparently when my 69 Mustang's fuel guage reads empty it means empty! Twice I've run out of gas in town and have had to call for help. 1st time a buddy helped, he took great pleasure in bugging the neighborhood handyman who can build anything. 2nd time was worse, had to have my son bring me a can of gas, he just just silently smiled at me over and over and over...
2 years ago I had come down off the mountain with my Sherco Trials bike, riding it right to the truck. Got he bike home, washed it then could not get it started no matter what I did. Checked the wiring, plug etc. Changed the plug, still wouldn't fire. Got tired of kicking it over so began to push start it down my road. That wasn't enough so went down the hill, all the way down, like almost a full km. Wouldn't start...pushed the damn thing all the way back up to the house and being in a bad state of mind just put the bike in the garage, closed the door and left it there. 2 days later when I cooled down I decided to take another look...gas tank was bone dry. Pour a gallon of premix into the place that was supposed to hold fuel and one kick she fires up. "Pure Bone Head"

41 - 53 of 53 Posts