Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for creative ideas to steal. :smile2:

On the tunnel? In the trunk? Images would be great to see.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
In front of the passenger seat. Easy to reach and not bothering at all. I would not put it in the trunk, you might not have the time to get it....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
341 Posts

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Mounting bracket attached to the front passenger seat frame.

Easily within reach.

John

Attachments

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
When I'm driving it's in the rear passenger foot well.
Hopefully it's secured. I'd hate to have a loose fire extinguisher fly around and hit me in my head in a crash.

My mounting bracket is bolted to a down tube. Damn pic is rotated 90° ccw.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,303 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Fire Extinguisher

Mounted mine on the edge of the fold down rear seat right above the trans tunnel (I keep the seat down with the spare tire on top, I like the GT350 look). Had some flat aluminum stock that I welded as a mounting bracket.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,497 Posts
I'm looking at the Element E50 for in front of my driver's seat attached to the mat with velcro.

·
Registered
'68 Fastback, 392 EFI stroker, AOD, IRS
36 Posts
I'm planning on installing an automatic fire extinguisher under the hood and in the trunk. The idea came from armored vans that transport money for banks. It sets off automatically with a fuse that ignites from the open fire or when the temp is higher than 390 F, or from the switch. Some people even use it as thief protection - when it is set off by the car alarm it produces hissing noise and a lot of smoke (actually aerosol) that can be mistaken for an engine fire. In addition it makes engine operation impossible since it suppresses combustion inside cylinders.

·
Registered
4,911 Posts
I'm looking at the Element E50 for in front of my driver's seat attached to the mat with velcro.

I got blasted by a tech inspector for having a fire extinguisher in the drivers seat well. He let me run but told me next time... Said in an impact, it could end up in my feet screwing up my reaction time and potentially interfering. I moved it to in front of the passenger seat. This thread is the first I heard of the E50, very small, very cool. Having had an extinguisher hit my motor for a second - what a mess! E50 makes lots of sense...

·
Premium Member
7,497 Posts
I got blasted by a tech inspector for having a fire extinguisher in the drivers seat well. He let me run but told me next time... Said in an impact, it could end up in my feet screwing up my reaction time and potentially interfering. I moved it to in front of the passenger seat. This thread is the first I heard of the E50, very small, very cool. Having had an extinguisher hit my motor for a second - what a mess! E50 makes lots of sense...

Yeah me too! I have an E50 on the way.. I like the idea of its size. Am looking at attaching it via velcro to just below my driver's seat. Will probably do the same for my other cars and RV too.

Reactions: islandboy33

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
I just ordered two of the E50's, one for the Mustang and one for the RV.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts