Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't been as active on the forum recently, and it's mostly due to dealing with issues in getting sLime painted. Just to cover old ground, I took the car totally apart in early July (with much help from SAC69) to get it painted, but the paint shop wouldn't do the work they agreed to. So, I bring sLime home, put it partially together and find another shop. That's cool. So, whieimatititis sets in and I figure: "Hey, why not pull the engine and do a little rebuilding and detailing while the car's getting painted?"

So, I leave the car at a trusted Mustang mechanic's shop to have the motor pulled and the car towed from there to the paint shop, and I split town to do some business. I come back a week later, and the car hasn't been received at the paint shop and I can in no way get in touch with my mechanic! For some reasons, he has skipped town and doesn't want to be communicated with!

With the help of a close relative of this mechanic, I get access to the shop, get sLime towed out, and haul the motor back to my house. Later I realize that I don't have any of the bolts! (Y'know, the things that hold the starter, alternator, etc. onto the block? /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif)

So, as of 8/7/02:
* sLime is at the paint shop and they're making good progress on it.
* the 289 is at my house half-apart and will be completed in the next week or so (thanks to johnpro and SAC69!)
* I am leaving a stream of voice mail messages to my mechanic asking for my bucket of engine bolts.

And so, it starts that sLime should have been ready to show by the end of July, but now looks to be more like the end of August. Projects do change, don't they?

·
Administrator
12,998 Posts
So the reason you're not coming to Ponies & Snakes is. . .?
In all seriousness, I'm really sorry to hear about the hassles you've had. I did hear that someone in Tracy took your place. Are you still planning on coming down with Johnpro, et.al.??
Stan

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Ugh....sounds like you've had some fun. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif Good luck, and remember to get pics ASAP. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
PS. I love Shagg's quote in your sig....lol....that post was pretty funny. *G*

·
Registered
367 Posts
I spend my entire summer working( remember I'm 16 so it is a big deal) just to buy a car. Well Luckly I ended up with a nice one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts