Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to know what kind of electric fan from what kind of car will fit in a 67 mustang with a 302. I got one from a 3.8L Taurus which was supposedly supposed to work...but no. Things never go how you plan them. If anyone has anyinput on this let me know. I am looking for a stock fan from some car I can get at the junk yard for cheap. I am a poor college student. THanks guys.

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
What's wrong with the stock setup? Heating up at idle in traffic? A pusher fan (in front of the radiator), along with the stock fan, may cure your cooling woes.

·
Registered
698 Posts
My '70 heats up at idle in traffic. It is a factory A/C car, would the pusher electric fan work in front of my condenser?

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
Probably, if you've got the room for it.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Look on my website below under aluminum radiator installation. I'm running a SPAL that works pretty good. It talks about installing one.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have a taurus fan in my car. Taurus' have 2 different kinds. One is a single speed and is much thicker. The other is the dual speed and is a flat pancake type. I used a dual speed fan. I can't tell you what year Taurus it was. See my
web page. http://www.knology.net/~fastback67/fnewfanoutside.jpg

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
Before you go to an electric fan, have you investigated into why your car is running hot?

Is your timing set correctly? Is your radiator clogged? Thermostat malfuntioning? Lower radiator hose collapsing? Radiator cap failing?

You don't say why you want to swap to an electric fan, but if it's because of overheating you might look to the above common problems first. If all of those are OK, and your motor is not super modified, a stock setup with a shroud should cool pretty well. Good luck ! Dickson

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's the fact that I have almost 400 horsepower with a not so good radiator. It used to overheat at times but now it does it a lot more. Timing is set correctly and all the other stuff is good it's just the radiator isn't up to snuff. Once I get the funds I'll get an aluminum radiator. And the reason I want to put the electric fan on is to free up some power.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts