Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking to buy a fan shroud for my 66-302 mustang. I had a little cheap metal shroud on before I put in the 302. The old one would sometimes rub the fan blade. I see that mustang parts dealers sell metal ones and plastic ones. Which one is better and where did you buy from? Also which size 3 1/2 or 4 in.Thanks,Tony

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
When I installed my FRPP 302 one of the things not fitting was the fan shroud. The fan was from a '67 289. I got a fan shroud kit from Classic Auto Air. It has a smaller fan but compensates by having six blades. The CAA fan and shroud work fine although the shroud is a little metal one like the one you have. Its dimensions may be slightly different than the aftermarket shroud kits found at Mustang vendors.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Geegee,I have problems with my car running hot.I have a 4 core radiator and the car when its above 85 degrees out side the needle on my gauge is almost on H. I put a new senser on it.Some people tell me cause its a new rebuilt motor it will run hot till its broke in.I never had this problem with my 289.Tony

1 - 5 of 5 Posts