Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of getting a subscription to a Mustang magazine and was wondering what everyone else found most useful for vintage Mustangs.

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
I've subscribed to Mustangs and Fords for a couple years. The articles are mostly just blatent promotion of their advertisers, but it's cheap. I recently subscribed to Mustang Illustrated. I've only received two issues so far, but it seams a little better. Overall, I'm not very happy with the Mustang/Ford only mag's. You can get some pretty good tech articles from FORDMUSCLE.com. Better, I think, than either of those magazines. JMHO

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1572917&a=11954864&p=42994554.jpg

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Mustang Illustrated (seems to be geared to the racing crowd)

Mustang Monthly

I had Mustangs and Fast Fords but it did not have enough classic stuff for me to renew.

John L. Anschutz
Allen, TX
68 Diamond Blue Coupe - 302
68 Acapulco Blue Coupe - I6 - 200
http://www.dallas.net/~jjmsansc/parts/Stangs.jpg

G

·
0 Posts
Mustang Monthly (my favorite stang rag)
Mustangs and Fords
Road & Track (my favorite car mag, been getting it for years)

TJ - Highland Village, TX (DFW area)

66 coupe 302 2v c4 -daily driver
94 GT vert -SWMBO's
93 Aerostar - hauling stuff
50 Mercury Pickup - waiting to be restored, stored back home

G

·
0 Posts
I receive MMonthly and mustangs & fords. Although I'm an original guy (like my cars original on the outside), MMonthly is very boring and predictable to me - and I'm considering not renewing. On the other hand, Mustangs & Fords is an exciting rag that gives me the best of all worlds - mustand/ford/merc restos, restomods and great go-fast tech articles. It's my favorite.

70 Mach 1 (351C 4V 4-speed) I've been restoring since '96. 95% complete. Also have a '68 HT (289 2-speed) that I restored between '97-98 and is FOR SALE! The VMF has proven to be an invaluable resource for information, humor and excellent advice.

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
I like Mustang Illustrated and Mustang Monthly. I've never had any problems with not recieving subscriptions either.

One mag I really like is HotRod. I think they have some of the best tech articles out there.

See my 69 convertible and the VMF parking lot at: http://www.geocities.com/Bishir1/FrontPage.html
http://www.jps.net/binay/webdocs/frontside_sig01.JPG

·
Registered
16,014 Posts
I used to have subscriptions to all these magazines, even Mustang Times. However I have not renewed any of them. I get more from this site and others like it... as far as magazines I generally buy 1 or 2 Street Rodder type magazines now based on the articles and the advertisers (products I'm looking for).

[email protected]
1967 351W Convertible
2000 Mustang GT

·
Registered
20,889 Posts
I'm into hot rodding and restomod. I get Hot Rod ( when they have a cheap come on ) Car Craft, 5.0, MuscleMuastang and FastFords and Mustangs & Fords. I don't get M.M or M.I because I use to get them and grew tired and bored from old recycled articles and high prices. Sorry I'm not into seeing "correct detailing of glove door latches". If I see another dirt common 65-66 "c" code coupe, restored with chalk marks and stickers, I'll barf!

Tom
You can do anything you want to......ONCE!
aka "my 66 coupe"
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1575517&a=11977890&p=44194856.jpg

Hale Boppe comet shot off my roof. See you can use 100 iso at night with no flash!

·
Registered
391 Posts
Over the past thirty years or so I think I've subscribed to them all. What I subscribe to depends on my changing interest. My favorite of all times was Autoweek when it was printed on newsprint. My most recent expired subscription was to Mustang Illustrated. Most of my newstand purchases range from Mustangs & Fords, to Car Craft, to Mustang Illustrated, etc. depends on finding an interesting article I wish to keep.

I have tried cutting articles out and tossing the mag, but that is alot of work. Thusly I have boxes of mags I need to toss.

Russ

your url here.JPG

G

·
0 Posts
It all depends on your interest. I have taken all the Mustang related magazines for years, Mustang Monthly, Mustang Illustrated, Mustang and Ford, Super Ford, etc. They are all full of interesting information at times and they all are loaded with stuff that I have no interest in. It is fun to find the errors that the so called experts publish. It really is your call and depends on your particular interest.

Bob White (672nv)

G

·
0 Posts
Mustang Montly hs some pretty useful information in it but the mustang & fords mainly have ads!

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I read Mustang & Fords, Super Rod, Car Craft, Muscle Car Review, 5.0 and Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords. My primary interests are well written tech articles and modified cars. However, it's rare to read about restoration costs associated with these projects.

"What we have here is--failure to communicate."

'67 GTA (clone) coupe soon to be 5.0L w/Edelbrock 1406

·
Registered
814 Posts
Mustang and Fords, and Mustang Times (comes with MCA membership)

1965 289 Hardtop
MCA #45799
Mississippi Coast Mustang Club

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
cool rag!

Shannon a.k.a. The ShanMan! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif
66' Vintage Burgundy C-code coupe
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1571656&a=12306481&p=42935059&Sequence=2.jpg

·
Registered
172 Posts
I subscribe to Mustang Monthly and Mustang & Fords. I have bought Mustang Illustrated and I'm thinking about subscribing to that also. You never know where you'll get an article that pertains to what you're doing to your own Stang. Some of the best information and advice I have found has been on this forum.
Thanks everybody,
Bob

G

·
0 Posts
I get both Mustang Monthly, and Mustangs and Fords!!! I like them both, and renewed for 3 years. Mustangs and Ford has a lot of restomod stuff, which is what I'm into!!

65 coupe 302
(rebuilding a 351W)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts