Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went and look at a 67 body last night. Here's what I saw.
Motor & transmission were out of the car. It had disc brakes,
A/C, auto transmission, cruise, remote mirror & maybe tilt wheel.
It had the GT hubcaps. Needs front floors, battery apron, radiator
support,& possibly right shock tower. The motor he has for it is a
64 289 with automatic transmission attached It had some rust in
the lower quarters, rust by the left rear qtr window, some rust on the
deck lid, some rust by both lower corners on the rear window. It
would also need rear valance and maybe t/l panel. Trunk in good shape,
seats in good shape, rest of interior decent.

He's asking $550 for car & drive train. If anyone is interested,
either pm me or email me [email protected]

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
The GTA option included at a minimum, the 'C' code 289, A/T, pwr Disc Brakes, GT sway bar/suspension, GTA badges on front fenders. GT hub caps didn't happen until 1968 model cars. Everything else you listed are stand alone options. A price of $550.00 seems reasonable given your description of the car.

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
If I remember correctly, this months issue of Mustang Monthly stated that only 1 regular production '67 was built with cruise control. I don't know if it would make it any more valuable, but at least interesting, if this is the one. Price sounds fine, although it needs much work, but how much cheaper do they get? Personally, I would look for something more solid, especially in TX.

·
Banned
1,565 Posts
Watch out for that engine...if it is a '64 289 then it will have the 5 bolt bell housing pattern, which is a PIA to work around should anything happen to that tranny bellhousing. All small blocks built after '65 have a 6 bolt pattern. Tranny upgrades to an AOD or T-5 are nearly /forums/images/icons/smile.gif impossible.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts