Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 68 mustang I am working on, it was a factory 302. It now has front disc brakes and it has rear discs from wilwood. It has the metering block removed already and an adjustable proportioning valve in line for the rears. What master cylinder would work that has a larger bore in it? I know on the late models I use one from a 96 stang, it works well on the foxes, but just not sure on this one.
Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

·
Registered
638 Posts
I have an extra new aluminum M/C from a 1984-1986 Mustang SVO that is designed to work with 4 wheels disks. It utilizes a 1 1/8" bore and will work in most applications. I chose not to use it when I went with original power booster and it was too thick. If using a power booster, the 9" aftermarket type works better with this M/C. PM me for pics if you are interested.

Chris

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I have the 03-04 Cobra brakes on my car and I was told to use a 1" bore from a 2000 V6Mustang. Works great.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the 03-04 Cobra brakes on my car and I was told to use a 1" bore from a 2000 V6Mustang. Works great.
And this is with power brakes? I forgot to mention they are power assist. I am not sure on the diameter of it, need to measure it and see. I guess I can try one of the ones I normally use on foxes when I put rear disks on.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
And this is with power brakes? I forgot to mention they are power assist. I am not sure on the diameter of it, need to measure it and see. I guess I can try one of the ones I normally use on foxes when I put rear disks on.
Yes this is with power brakes and Mustang Steve said to use the 2000 V6 Mustang 1" bore.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts