Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just changed the spark plugs in the 5.0 in the 89 lincoln. Everything looked prettu much normal, nice smokie gray color, no oil, none blackened. But on second review one of the plugs looked a bit different. 7 of the 8 had the nice cylinder shaped center conductor but one of the looked much more rounded off the the others. Its not from contact because the "L" shaped wire was in perfect shape and it was rounded under there also.

OPPS, never mind! IAs i was looking at them again while writing this i noticed. 7 of them are "Motocraft" the strange one is labeled "Motocraft Platinum". My Guess is the 8'th one was missed last time the plugs were changed and simply has twice the wear. And looking at the scratches on my arms i can guess why.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Is the motor sideways in that car or is it regular? We have a windstar with the 3.8 in it and the rear bank is harder than heck to get the plugs in. You can't use a mirror or anything, it is just kind of feel until you get it. We checked the ford books and they list 2 different part numbers, regular plugs in the front and like the best you can buy platinum in the rear. Could be the same thing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts