Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did try to search, so sorry if this has been covered. I am still a little unclear on what will fit, and what will not. I know I need a T-5, and I would like a five speed with over drive. What year, or models will work? If I buy a used one, typically how much will it cost to have it rebuilt?

Secondly, my locks never stay up. If you lift up the locks to unlock them to open the door, they just fall back down. I doubt it is very hard to fix, but wanted to know what I would need before taking off the panel. I did a google img search for door diagrams, but they were too small and unclear. Could someone give me an idea of what the problem is, and what parts I would need?

·
Registered
35,876 Posts
First, you need the 86-93 World Class V8 trans. I prefer to use the stock bell and linkage (in your case 68). You'll need the adapting plate to attach the T5 to the bell.

Sounds like your latches are trashed. Replace them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I have been looking at "T-5 kits", so I can get everything I need at once. But I will keep in mind the years you said. Thanks again.

·
Registered
10,287 Posts
The easiest way is to use a late model bell housing and a clutch fulcrum adapter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts