Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It rained a lot today in New Orleans, so besides some time in the morning where I took my boys swimming I was unable to work on the sprint coupe. But, I did make some progress on a fender I traded "jpony645" for, and I'm almost done on the restoration of a deluxe steering wheel for "redrum."

I don't have any questions, and I did not make any HUGE strides today, but it was a good Sunday.

I'd like to know what mustang progress (or activities), however small or mundane, that you worked on today !

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Must admit I was pretty lazy today. Feeling gloomy about missing the big show in Omaha and a chance to meet some VMFer's, I attended a local show to pass my Sunday afternoon. Had a pretty good turn out. Saw some friends there, looked at some nice rides and took home a 1st to boot! :)

All in all not a bad day.

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
Tried re-adjusting my trans linkage. Seems I can put it either in park or low, but not both!

Then adjusted point gap (was too small) and checked timing. Then went for a nice little ride!

Frank

·
Registered
44 Posts
Pulled the gas tank that was full of goo from the last owner letting it sit in the garage for 3 years. Now if the new tank would show up in the mail, I might be running again by next weekend.

Also, noticed while under the car that the $99 paint job came with a roll of tape to cover the rust hole in the fender...looks like I get to try my hand at sheetmetal now!

·
Registered
286 Posts
I cleaned and polished the engine compartment. I can't understand why it gets so cruddy from just one cruise night.
By the way,Sweet mustang Dickson. I'm in love!

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
Well... didn't make any progress on the 66 (would of rathered to work on it today), but instead I worked on my Mustang & Cougar Wholesale Catalog all afternoon. :: I have been working on this custom parts catalog for 5 months, an I was hoping to have it finished today (so close!) , but this thing is becoming a nightmare before it ever goes to the printer. I feel for those who do this for a living, but then again, they usually have a full crew working on it, instead of taking on the whole thing themself. Oh' well, maybe next weekend I can make some progress toward the 66!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Well, I had alot to do today so I didn't get much time in on the stang. I did however work on customizing my trunk. I was following the instructions of someone else on this forum. It's a little difficult to get those sides done, but I did get all the wood cut today. That was about it.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Put in my new stainless steel overflow tank, and then gave it (and the cooling system) a good workout by driving about 100 miles straight in the 100 heat today, while getting stuck in traffic, with the AC going.

The overflow tank works correctly, and I didn't overheat, although I got really warm, but it should get me through the rest of the summer.

joe

·
Administrator
19,494 Posts
I worked my tail off today, detailing Murphy's undercarriage. This is what I did:

1. Cleaned all floor pans, driveshaft, and exhaust system

2. Cleaned the undersides of the front and rear valances and fenders

3. Cleaned the bottom side of the engine

4. Cleaned the front suspension parts

5. Did paint touchup on the driveshaft, floor pans, shifter linkage, and oil pan

6. Switched the exhaust clamps around and put on an NOS one

7. Tried to repaint a wheelcover, but it was the wrong color and so had to reprep it--what a mess!

8. Cleaned the brakes and wheels

Wow, am I tired now, but, damn, does Murphy look good! ::

·
Registered
354 Posts
Progress? I don't know about that although I did take a bunch of stuff apart today! And I guess I did learn two new things I didn't know before today by surfing the VMF so that was great progress!

G

·
0 Posts
Well`
i went over to my storage place this morning rolled up the door
looked at all my Dirty cars and said,maybe another day !
slamed the door and went home
yak`d all day on the phone about cars

nothin like bench racin !!

Dave

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I (most of the way) installed my new front end in my project. Got the engine bay and aprons seam sealed. Got the front wheel well area undercoated. Upper and lower control arms installed. Steering knuckles and brakes mounted/torqued. All in all a pretty good day :: being as I only had about three hours to work this evening.

(I still need to obtain one nut for my strut rod/lower arm (cant find what PO did with it...long story), finish installing strut rods, springs, steering box and idler arm/tie rods...)

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
Did a bunch of small jobs:

Applied POR15 to the Swiss cheese front passenger floor pans in the I6 coupe and fried my brain with solvents while trying to get POR15 off my arm.

Removed 38 years of road grime and rust from the front part of the I6 Coupe's trans tunnel.

Cleaned up I6 Coupe's driverside exterior fender apron and shock tower in preparation of derusting.

A friend came over and prepped the I6 coupe's front fender for derust and priming.

Looked at the I6 Coupe's headlight bucket assemblies and decided they were in too good condition to waste on the I6 coupe. I'm going to harvest the slightly banged up units off the red fastback ('65 Garage Shelf).

Helped Dad jump start his '65 Mustang. Cleaned up the battery cable terminals when the car wouldn't restart.

Removed a bunch of left over engine and trans rebuild crap from my Dad's Mustang.

Piled more crap on the '65 Garage shelf.

Threw some crap into a spare Fairmont wagon.

Threw other crap into a '66 T-bird.

Thought about dumping all the cars and getting into bottle cap collecting...

Dean T

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I let everyone see it today at a kids party and for once someone did not say "you know what you should do".

1 - 20 of 30 Posts