·
Registered
10,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Come on, Somebody must have gone to their show last weekend, how was it?'

·
Registered
310 Posts
Sorry, first chance I've had to turn on the computer since then :: . All in all a decent show, though the turnout wasn't too great. There were several more 65-67 hardtops than in past years but only 1 convertible of 65-73 vintage showed up. Total 1965-73 Mustang turnout was maybe 15 (with 2 Shelbys), 1974+ Mustang was about 30, and other Ford products numbered around 15. While I think the weather may have been a factor for the low turnout this year, the location was fantastic and I hope they keep it for years to come. Someone failed to arrange food as the concession stand was closed due to an issue with the food vendor (they don't operate on Sunday and Perry Farm can't allow anyone but their contracted vendor use the park), but there were several restaurants in walking distance so it all worked out. As for me, I had a good day as my truck placed 2nd, only losing to a trailer queen so I felt pretty good about it.
In short, it was a nice show in a good location with good weather for August (mostly sunny but it did spritz once). I hope turnout improves so they keep it going.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I was at this show. The location was great and the weather was okay. A few sprinkles. The 64.5~73 classes had the following:

64.5~66 - 6 coupes, 2 fastbacks, 1 Convertible.
My 65 GT Fastback took the First, while the 66 Fastback took the Second.
The 64.5 Coupe was First and the 66- 6 cyl.Convertible was First.

67~68 had only two Coupes
69~70 had 3 Fastbacks (2 of them Machs)
71~73 had 1 Convertible

There were two Shelbys, a 68 GT350 and a 69 GT350

There were no Bosses.

The show was well run and there was a nice assortment of newer mustangs (Cobras, Mach 1's , and a Bullit)

Best of show was a 68 Cougar XR7 drag car.

Chuck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts