Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have what I guess you would call a Snap-On conventional syphon feed paint gun. I am considering buying something a little better. What type of guns do you guys use? Are the HVLP guns that much better than the regular ones and what makes them better. Should I buy gravity feed or syphon?

Thanks,

·
Registered
453 Posts
HVLP are for sure worth it. Big big difference in the quality of job they do are much more efficeint, and have a lot less over spray plus are easier to clean. I have a gravity feed DiVillbis. I am very pleased with it. You might look here for some choices eastwoodco.com

G

·
I have a Devilbiss Gravity Feed HVLP gun. I like it, haven't shot a lot yet. It uses so much less air that my previous gun that my compressor can almost keep up.

HVLP is designed to put less VOC's in the air. Thus, if you are eco-friendly go with HVLP. They also tend to have less overspray and use paint more efficienctly. They were were designed for pollution reasons. Low quality units cannot product a quality product. If you have to go cheap, go conventional. Its not eco-friendly, but will give a better finish.

You need a big compressor to shoot for more than 20 or 30 seconds. Make a good investment here.

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
I use a SataJet 90 conventional gravity feed gun & love it. Just got thru using it on my son's 68 Mustang. Still got paint on my hands /forums/images/icons/smile.gif. The newer ones are better with the hvlp. But I can't bring myself to buy another one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts