Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a 72 donor car with factory power disc brakes. I pulled the MC and booster today, and am heading back in the am for the spindles, rotors, calipers, plates, and lines. Do I need the arms too? The body is in excellent condition, but they will not sell the whole thing, so I'll take the saws-all and get the rear qtr sections that I need, and the floors possibly. Anyone done this much of a transplant before? Am I better off just buying full pans vs trying to cut these? Probably take the doors too depending on what my time looks like.

·
Registered
365 Posts
You should only need idler arms if the car was a I6 and you're putting in V8 suspension. I'm not too sure as far as the body part is concerned =/

·
Just some guy
67 coupe, 69 Sportsroof, 86 hatchback
20,353 Posts
I can't see trying to save the floorpans as being at all practical. I like to use original stuff and save a buck as much as anybody, but I wouldn't. Nice brand new pans are very reasonably priced.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I got the fill spindles, calipers, rotors, plates, soft lines and brackets, as well as the power booster and MC. Also picked up hood trim, dash pad, and misc trim pieces. $120 total!!!!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts