Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1966 GT 4spd
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone!

While I will never have my car become a concours example, I don't want to get rid of parts that I should keep should my son or someone else wants to add back more original parts.

Currently in my garage off of my 66 GT, I have these items:

Front Springs
Strut Rods
KH Calipers
Original Hub/Rotors
Sway Bar
Master Cylinder
and soon the rear leaf springs

I tossed the upper and lower control arms already.

Thanks!

Chris

·
Registered
801 Posts
All of those are worth keeping unless they are badly damaged. Maybe not the single reservoir master cylinder - that's a big safety item. But the other suspension parts? Heck yes! Crusty and rusty would even be fine for them. And by keeping, I mean "don't throw them away". Sell them if you must, but don't just pitch 'em. Even those control arms might've been useful to someone!

·
Registered
1966 GT 4spd
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All of those are worth keeping unless they are badly damaged. Maybe not the single reservoir master cylinder - that's a big safety item. But the other suspension parts? Heck yes! Crusty and rusty would even be fine for them. And by keeping, I mean "don't throw them away". Sell them if you must, but don't just pitch 'em. Even those control arms might've been useful to someone!
Ok Thanks!! They are all super clean as the car lived its life in Nevada. But Im limited in space but can make it work. :)

Chris

Reactions: Grimbrand

·
Registered
801 Posts
I wish I *had* your KH brake setup for my Cougar! Those are some of the best for stock 14 and 15" wheels.

·
Registered
5,896 Posts
i tossed all that after i had my car done in 2015
Takes up too way much real estate for something that all id do i look at.
Id never reinstall them anyway nor would i refinish them
i did take many detailed pictures though

now if i had a boss or Shelby that another story.

just wish i kept the original date coded shocks. at least those i can throw in a draw

I did keep my WP

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
badbenz94 ,
If you do want to sell them , I would be interested in springs calipers and rotors as spares for my '66 GT350. I know shipping back to Ca would be expensive though.
Randy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts