Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1968 Mustang that I just added Wilwood Dynalite disk brakes to the front (left the drum brakes on the rear). Can anyone recommend a power booster and master cylinder combination? I see a lot of options but would prefer to avoid any problems.

Thx,

Bryan

·
Registered
9,203 Posts
Welcome to the VMF.

Personally speaking, I would avoid power boosters unless you absolutely had to have it.
They tend to over-complicate things on a car that just needs good calipers and the right brake pad compounds.

ex-Global West GM
1991-1995

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
Basic facts are.
If a person has the inability to exert pressure (Push) on the brake pedal, yes a booster will aide in the braking.
If you have ample leg strength, are will to use this leg strength, a booster is then a luxury, not needed.
If, you have a younger person that has never had to use there god given assets, they will need a booster.
If you have a 19 year old Football playing muscular son that will drive your classic, Don't worry about a booster, he's going to brake the pedal anyway, or worse.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Basic facts are.
If a person has the inability to exert pressure (Push) on the brake pedal, yes a booster will aide in the braking.
If you have ample leg strength, are will to use this leg strength, a booster is then a luxury, not needed.
If, you have a younger person that has never had to use there god given assets, they will need a booster.
If you have a 19 year old Football playing muscular son that will drive your classic, Don't worry about a booster, he's going to brake the pedal anyway, or worse.
Thank you

1 - 7 of 7 Posts