Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1969 Coupe that has been in my family since new. I notice that a lot of the mustangs for sale mention the code. How do I know what mine is? Help anyone??

·
Registered
338 Posts
The code you are probably refering to is the engine code, which is found in your VIN number. For example, mine is a "U" code, which means a 170 Cu. In. six cylinder engine. There are websites where you can enter your VIN # and it will tell you what you have. Good luck!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, that did it. Thanks for your help. Now I know what I already knew! I knew it was a 351 Windsor, I just didn't know what it meant when all the people mention what series their cars are. I now know that mine is an H series. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
its not really a series... it is a "code" for example, my car is has a t code motor... it has a xyz code(don't remember what it was, exactily... xyz is not a real code) interior. its not a "series" you could also just say your car has a 351 with a white interior and people will know what you mean :)

- Jason

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I understand all of what you said, I just had my terminology wrong. Sorry. I wouldn't dream of telling a person on the street that I had a H code Mustang with 2G interior. They would understand a 351 with dark green seats a lot better! I just kept seeing all those ads that mention the code and I just didn't know what the code was or how to find out what mine is. Now I know it all! Thanks.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts