Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm at a bit of a quandry. I really love my hotrod, it's got more pwer than I got sense. I really would like to customize my car, but it being an "R" code, I think it would be better left stock since they are so rare. Most of the customizing I'd like to to can be reveresed, but would take considerable time to do so. So what should I do? Sell it and build what I want, customize it, or leave it stock? ::

·
Registered
630 Posts
Theres not much another person can do about that situation.

"It's your car... do what you want."

If it were me... I may sell it (Being an R-code, you could get a great return.) And use that for your ultimate resto :)

·
Registered
409 Posts
You know, I think you already have it figured out; don't jack the SCJ around. It's just too nice a model to muck with. Now, having said that, I'll admit to a few "tasteful" mods on my GT BB 'vert, w/ more planned. Global West front end, sub-frame connectors, rebuilt motor (next year) w/ Edelbrock al heads/intake, and so on. Consider me a hypocrite! :)

·
Registered
870 Posts
The only solution is to buy another one to resto, and of course keep the "R". SWMBO and college for the kids, be damned.

·
Just some guy
67 coupe, 69 Sportsroof, 86 hatchback
20,669 Posts
Much as I hate to admit it, my plan exactly. ::
I'm already putting an extension bay on my garage, just in case. Oh, I mean to finally be able put the riding lawnmower inside again. Yeah, that's it. The extra room is so I can turn it around. That's right dear. hehehehe

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
Most of us would give our eye teeth for a '69 R code. Modify it, if you want, since it's your car, but PLEASE do it so they can all be reversed, keeping the original parts.

I really think the ultimate solution is to kep the SCJ and get a second F code like mine and MODIFY THE HELL OUT OF IT! ::

1 - 7 of 7 Posts