Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im gettin dual exhaust (already dual) from the manifolds back no x or h pipe,2 chamber flowmasters and small tips exiting out rear valance. any ideas on what i should expect. im going shopping for a muffler shop tommorow and was trying to get a ball park.. thanks..

·
Registered
890 Posts
Here is what I have invested in my exhaust-

Headers- 256 + 200 ceramic coating.

Mufflers- 2 chamber flowmasters- non delta- 2= 140

Tips= 45

Exhaust work- pipes, labor=300

Total $941 ::

Minus headers= $485 ::

·
Registered
369 Posts
Mines in the shop as we speak.I already have headers,hooker aeroflow mufflers.Im getting duals from the
headers all the back to the rear valance.2 1/2" aluminized pipe SWMBO HAS TIGHTENED the
purse strings(no stainless)!!!Total cost 200.00

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I paid $425.00 for H-pipe, dual Flowmaster 40's/2-chamber, 2.25 pipes, and chrome tips.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
You know your going to be leaving some HP on the table if you don't use either an X or H pipe. If it's just a case of budget, then wait on your exhaust and do it with an X.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Just had the work done this weekend (with turndowns). Brought my own Flow's with me - $110.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Hooker AeroFlows=$56/ea
351W Manifolds=$10
JC Whitney Mandrel Bent pipes=$89
H-Pipe for Muff Shop=$80
Muff shop install charge=$165
Total=$456

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Holy cow...after reading some of the posts about some exhaust prices, I don't feel bad about what I paid anymore. I paid $125 for a custom exhaust from the headers to the chrome tips, and I supplied the mufflers.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Just had an h-pipe, 2.5" mandrel bent tubinig to Flowmaster 40's to turn downs installed for $380. Also had headers installed at the same time for about $150. They had problems getting them to fit but he was resonable on the labor I think.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
2 1/2" custom setup with X pipe into 2 chamber flows, 350 bucks. very nice work, very sweet sound... il really have to agree, DO NOT leave out the X pipe if your going to spend hundreds of dollars on something like exhaust, you wont be sorry, ive had my car with this setup MINUS the X pipe, and it paled in comparison to how it sounds now, its awesome.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts