Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to add a overflow tank to my car . how do I determine what size to Use? thanks Scott :)

·
Registered
Current cars include 1969 Mach 1 and 1970 Cougar XR7 convertible
8,496 Posts
If you're looking to use one of those aluminum type tanks they come in 13", 15" and 17" heights. The 15" fits nicely along side your existing radiator with the mounting tabs lining up with the radiator mounts. There are a couple of hot rod web sites that offer them at around $35 delivered and they appear to be the same ones that can be found at twice that price at some of the Mustang vendors. Note that they are a bit small in capacity so on really hot days you will likely spill some coolant from the tank overflow.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Good question. It's HOT hear in Oklahoma. I am tired of stalling out because the soda pop bottle overflowed and sprayed down the engine with coollant. Thinking about visiting the local junk yard for a good one.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Try the 15" overflow tank from RodWorx. It's cheap and effective, and sucks the coolant back into the radiator when it cools off, thus making the capacity question somewhat moot. I've yet to lose any coolant out of this overflow tank, and I've had a long history of cooling problems. I don't think it'll be a problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts