Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, im putting the battery in the trunk. Decided to go for the solonoid in the trunk too. So now there are 5 new wires running throught the car. Starter wire - got it. Alternater... 5.0 guys have this figured out. Then theres those two solonoid wires, got those all figured out.

Now the question is what size wire do i need to power the whole car? I figure that all be running all the lights and accessories off this wire, and possibly a radio. But if i run any amplifiers, chances are that will get its own primary.

Whatddya think?

·
Administrator
19,305 Posts
I used 8 guage wire intended for amplifier hookup. I also used one one of the stereo-type monster fuses mounted right close to the solenoid. It's surely overkill but looks neat mounted up next to the identical wires and fuses running to the amps.

G

·
0 Posts
I f you have a V8 I would recomond #2 welding cable with crimp on ends with heat srink on ends for protection this is for starter lead from selinoid you need this size for the starting current of the starter .now for remainder of load #8 will be suffecent

G

·
0 Posts
8 guage wire is probably overkill, which is exactly why I would use 8 guage wire for that application. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

1 - 6 of 6 Posts