Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Where are they from on the car? It's hard to tell in the pic.

·
Registered
981 Posts
them are the domahickeys that go on the thingamajig off the whatchamacalit ! actually after staring at it a while can you give me another hint.they sorta look like the lifter covers of an old inline 4 cylinder.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry, the picture isn't the best....

They go on the sides of the radiator, where the radiator bolts to the front frame. These cover up the gaps that would be there.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I think it's the fetzer valve covers.... :)

·
Registered
338 Posts
According to my NPD catalog, they are called "Deflectors, Radiator Side"

·
Registered
338 Posts
Page 128 of the current NPD catalog. Part # 8310. They are $74.95 (I guess for the pair)

·
Registered
981 Posts
Ok ! now its clear those are called "thegapthatwouldbethernexttotheradiatorcovers ".
actually I still have no idea. ::

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The reason I want to know what these things are called is because I want to sell them on ehay, and I need to know what they are called before I sell them!

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Oh! On E-hay...These would be "Original Concours restored (you did paint them the right color didn't you?)
Mustang Shelby Cobra wind deflectors" You must explain how these were used to prevent front end lift by insuring
that airflow was directed into the narrower radiator used on a small number of the lesser performance models.
Of course they used to be "BRAND NEW" and they were working when removed from the car.
Bruce (TX)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts