Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looked out in my garage last night, and lo and behold, there is a SKUNK looking back at me.
i`m not sure how long it`s been there, my dog has been going bull**** by the back door for about a week, I thought a cat had moved in or something.
anybody got any suggestions?
it`s funny, I don`t smell a thing in the garage, but there was no mistaking that thing

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
eeeesh! crank the stang up and rev the skunk outta there /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

actually I believe if you call up animal control, they will come out and remove the skunk and relocate it to a remote location away from people and all that good stuff

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Lemme think, mothballs for mice and rabbits. Ammonia for woodchucks and I believe skunks too. Also, dried blood works to keep rabbits away from the garden. Oh, leave the dog OUTSIDE and animals will stay away /forums/images/icons/wink.gif
Best of luck,
D

·
Registered
977 Posts
I found this for you just in case you guys get sprayed in the process. Good Luck...

If your lovable pet gets together with a skunk, you need to deal quickly with the stinky consequences. We'd always heard that a tomato juice bath would do the trick, but after a bit of research, we found a far more effective way to rid your canine companion of the wretched skunk smell.

We visited PetEducation.com, Discovery Canada, and eHow. Each offered roughly the same recipe:

1 quart of 3% hydrogen peroxide
1/4 cup baking soda
1 teaspoon dish-washing detergent
After mixing the ingredients, wash the areas that have been sprayed, taking care to avoid the pet's eyes, ears, and mouth. To finish, simply rinse your pet with water.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Is the garage attached? If not, do the old farmers trick. Pull in with your wife's car, certianly not the Stang, leave it running and leave the garage door open about 4". Come back in a couple of hours, turn the car off and open the garage door. I use this technique in my garden shed for skunks and red squirrls. The John tractor puts out a lot of nox, so if you've got a rider mower, you could try that. Works for me.

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don`t think I will be poking it with a broom handle either....

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
one thing to note, if you have skunks around they love to eat cat and dog food, so don't leave it out (mainly at night)

G

·
0 Posts
Wait until its back out at night again and run out the door screaming at it and waving your arms around like a mad man. that should do the trick. ;>)

·
Premium Member
2,294 Posts
I think skunks are cool. You should try to catch it, take it to the vet, and have them remove their defense mechanisim, so it can't spray you. Keep it as a pet. They are rather cool looking.

·
Registered
680 Posts
I had a baby skunk years ago. It was great. Followed me around like a puppy. It slept in my shirt pocket till it got to big to get in there. I tried to have it de-fumed, but, no one would touch it. Everyone told me that Skunks are the king of the jungle in being carriers of rabies.....
I would be very careful. This one might stink, and be very dangerous...I would call your local animal control people, and talk to them....
Also. they love to spray dogs....

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
ScottsGT method will work, however in order for it to be effective, you must be naked. That will most likely scare away any living thing. *G*

1 - 15 of 15 Posts