Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

21 - 40 of 69 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,804 Posts
Also if the lower control arm was just to tight and holding the car up then when I removed the front shocks the car shouldn't bounce up and down so freely cause it was just very bouncy without the shocks attached.
The springs might be bouncy while the LCA's remain bolted firmly and immovable themselves. Raise the front, loosen the LCA bolts to just barely snug and lower it back down. Then drive it around the block and see what happens. If that brings the front down where it should be, don't forget to tighten those two bolts back to spec while full vehicle weight is on the tires.

·
Registered
Current cars include 1969 Mach 1 and 1970 Cougar XR7 convertible
8,642 Posts
The front coil springs are too tall for your car.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I see one thing the shop did was "check riding height."

They checked it alright. Verified that the ride is indeed high. Like Snoop Dogg high.

Someone said post some pics with the wheels off. I second that. Get us a good shot of the coil spring perches.

·
Registered
10,142 Posts
The front coil springs are too tall for your car.
They kinda look like the stock spring were reinstalled. Clocked wrong or replaced would definitely introduce more variables....

ex-Global West GM
1991-1995

Reactions: zray and Israel

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
They kinda look like the stock spring were reinstalled. Clocked wrong or replaced would definitely introduce more variables....

ex-Global West GM
1991-1995
Yes they are the same stock springs that were on the car and I used new rubber for them plus made sure they were seated back properly. I was aware of that being a issue if they were not back in their proper orientation with the ends against the stops.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
I spoke with the alignment shop and they said bring it back and they will gladly check it out and see what might be amiss.

21 - 40 of 69 Posts