Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yep she's done it two years in a row and they say bad things come in three's.
Should I remind her today or tomorrow?
My son will be 3 in 2 weeks so I'm batting 0.000 for father's day. Should I say something or just see if she remembers?
Anyone else experience this?
Happy Father's Day to all the Dad's out there.

·
Registered
967 Posts
I say let her forget it. That way then it should be good for some mustang parts /forums/images/icons/wink.gif/forums/images/icons/wink.gif. Well just in case she does forget "Happy Father's Day to you" from one dad to another.

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
So Let me ask this questions do you always remember Mothers day? If anser is yes , I would talk to her about it, I think sometimes our wives don't realize its as important to us Dads as it is, she may of grown up in a family that did nothing about fathers day so she thinks it no big deal, give her the benifit of the doubt, but if she than forgets in future you just might consider forgetting mothers day, I know that would get her attention.

Mark

PS Happy fathers day to you in no one remembers

·
Registered
21,263 Posts
Just keep a tally. Then when she rips into you for forgetting something, you'll have ammo.

My wife complained that I didn't listen to her. One night while she was making burgers on the grill, she asked me 3 times if I wanted a cheeseburger, 3 times I said NO. What did I get, yes a cheeseburger! Oh well.

BTW, Happy fathers day, isn't it a great feeling to be a dad? Nothing beats it, especially when they come up and give you a great big hug and kiss!!! Best feeling in the world.

·
Premium Member
1965 Coupe
2,753 Posts
Buy another Mustang...yeah, that will make it all better.

Happy Fathers Day, from one Father to another.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I haven't forgotten a birthday, anniversary or mother's day so far.
The last time she forget I was the one who got all the crap because I didn't remind her.
It is the greatest thing having the little 2 year old run and hug me when I get home from work. Not having my Dad around anymore due to cancer, I thought she might understand why it is such a special day for me. I guess it goes in one ear and out the other.
If she does it again that will be it.. no more cards or gifts.
I couldn't do that to her but I might.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Do nothing. Say nothing. Tell her you love her and get on with life. Don't sweat the small things.

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
it`s just another day, you get a much better gift when your little guy runs up and hugs you than any material gift they could buy.
happy fathers day from one dad to another!

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
As tempting as it may be, if she forgets it again I might mention it (esp if you do a big deal for mother's day), but otherwise I'd let it slide.......

Sure, you have a complaint and ammo for the future (if you talley such things), but I think you get more and have a better marriage if you let the petty stuff go......Dickson

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
If you ask me Fathers day is more about the kids. My 2 boys are usually more exited than I am, to me it's just another day, but for them it's a chance to show me what they made in school or a reason to share a gift, etc. Let the kids do something special for you by taking them to the local Mustang shop, or parts store and buy some goodies for your ride.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I concur with the others posting. The biggest kick for me on Fathers day is getting the things the kids make in school or at home to give to me, or getting the breakfast in bed. I still have the funny looking tie my daughter made a few years ago, and get a big grin on my face when I look at it.

Bottom line, don't sweat it, spend some extra time with your son on Sun., go to the park or play in the back yard or in the house etc., thats what its really all about. One day he will be old enough and will understand Fathers day and do the "special" things for you.

G

·
0 Posts
Forget it, Fathers don't count. People will travel to the end of the earth to see their Dear Sweet Mother on Mothers Day, but cant seem to find the time to pick up the phone to wish ol' dad well. Thats just one of those thing we must endure.
If you do remind her or mention that she has forgotten you, you will pay dearly. Let the day pass without a word.

Happy Fathers day to all

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
It's no biggy. Let her forget it. It's fathers day every day when you have children. We don't make a big deal out of Mothers day or Fathers day. Married 22 years now. I think we will live throughit. Just make sure you tell them you love them every day. Not just once in awhile, That way you don't need thses special day's to play catch up!

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Yes, Tony you're right. I may be mistaken, but wasn't Fathers / Mothers and now Grandparents Day created by Hallmark?? to sell a gazillion cards that are looked at for 20 seconds and tossed ?? /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

I may be wrong about fathers and mothers day but Hallmark is sure pushing Grandparents day every year.

G

·
0 Posts
Just curious...is she forgetting on purpose becuase she might think that it might effect you in a different way becuase your father is no longer with you?

I did like the idea of ordering parts under your son's name....that's pretty funny. But others are right...it's fathers day every day when those little suckers come running up and pound on your chest while your sleeping on the couch!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts