Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got some 390 parts that i really need to get rid of, basically a block that isnt worth the rebore (30 over and has a lot of ridge) and a set of heads that arent worth the time (some older ones, 66 with the vertical bolt exhaust pattern).

What should i do? Current plan is to throw them on my scrap metal pile and cart it all down to the metal place.

Oh yah, also thinking of using the heads as some cores if i find some of the 351w low compression heads i need.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
try using a chain to conect the heads and block to a dumbell and have fun with the new gym add more until you have muscles in your ears stong enuf to can kill a man *G* hahahaha
scrap em

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
I have the same problem with 4 302 blocks, etc. If things dont work out with my heads, I may have a set of 351w heads that would be available. They are coded DO0E's if that fits the bill.

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im looking for something of a D7 - D8 vintage, 69 cc chambers with bigger valves that the 289. This will put me at 7.7:1 compression, perfect for my turbo setup.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
What are the casting numbers on those heads?

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
c6 something... ill get more numbers if u want but im fairly certain they are junk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts