Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spent 3 years restoring a 1971 Mach I fastback 351C 4 speed only to have crushed from behind by an elderly woman. Totaled the car and hurt my friend that was behind the wheel. Bought another 71 Mach I fastback 429 CJ with C6 in 2009. Rebuilt the engine and am now doing a full restoration. Already media blasted and metal being repaired (cowls, rear lower quarters, & floors. Taking a few parts from the crushed car and now I have many NOS parts that I don't need - doors, front fenders, hood, engine, wiper motor, etc. Could use some ideas on how/where to sell them. I have seen parts listed as one of the forums, eBay, and Craigslist. I am not in a terrible rush but my wife would like them out of the garage. Appreciate your input. RDave

·
Administrator
13,017 Posts
We have a for sale section here as well as for free, if you just want to give them away.
Stan

·
Registered
75 Posts
i'm interested

Hi,

Sorry to hear about the wreck. That's too bad. I have a 71 Mach 1, so I would be interested to hear what you have.

thanks,
Bobby

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
You might try the 7173MUSTANGS.com site. It has a lot of activity.

Chuck
Agreed--there are quite a few of us with big body cars that would love to hear what you have available.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. It will take me a couple nights to inventory the larger items. Right off the bat I have the NASA hood, two doors, 9" rear end with 4.11 gears Freshly built 351 Cleveland (but it has sat now for 2 years). I will take the next couple nights and write down the list. Thanks. RDave

·
Registered
5,221 Posts
been there done that with my original family owned 71 coupe.

back in the day b4 they were classics after it was totaled I yanked the motor and tranny( which is now in my 70) then called a flat bed. hopped in with the driver and didnt leave the junkyard until I saw her crushed right in front of my eyes. I grinned and walked home 3 miles kicking rocks

tis was only satisfaction I was able to get out of it back then but then again they werent classics yet just drivers and beeters.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got distracted and it took me a while to go through my garage. Here is what I have:
351 Cleveland rebuilt it and go 500-600 miles on it. It has sat now for two years (in doors). 4 speed toploader. 9" rear end with rebuilt 4.11 gears. Front and rear chrome bumpers. both doors, front fenders, NASA hood, front and rear spoilers, ram air (aftermarket/repro), trunk lid, front grill (2), AM/FM 8 track, center console, gauge console with functional guages, the front dash, dashpad, heater, and all behind the dash. 1 trunk lid, a radiator (still with original sitckers), steering column, the two small windows that sit back from the door windows, wiring harness front and back, side mirrors, and a couple boxes of small parts. I also have a 351 C block (bare), a pair of 2V cast iron heads, and a 2V intake. Power steering box and an extra set of axles. Apologize for taking so long. I will take your advice and figure out how to list this all in the parts and engine area forums tomorrow. Thanks. Dave

1 - 8 of 8 Posts