Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't seem to get my intrument cluster lights or my dome light to work im my '68 the underhood harness is new fuses are good headlight switch is new. I have a good ground. the blue/ red wire has power coming from headlight switch and not where it plugs into the cluster. I have a main harness from a '67 in MINT conditon. Should I use the '67 harness in the '68? or just ante up $175 for a 68 harness. what else can it be besides a bad wire somewhere?

·
Registered
431 Posts
i've heard of the 65/66's having an issue with the actual headlight switch causing the instrument cluster lights to stop working. Both of your issues may be unrelated because i had the same two issues on my 65 and so far my instrument lights started working on there own and i have not bothered to find out what is wrong with my interior lights

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fixed it !! I took the fuses out and sanded the contacts in the fuse box. LET THER BE LIGHTS!!!!! 1 project complete a million more to go.

·
Registered
174 Posts
fixed it !! I took the fuses out and sanded the contacts in the fuse box. LET THER BE LIGHTS!!!!! 1 project complete a million more to go.
That is so funny.. I was going to mention did ya check your fuses.. but ya figured it out so all is good.. some people never think to check that one little detail when it comes to an electrical issue.. :jump:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts