Vintage Mustang Forums banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Bought a endoscope last week that connects via wifi to my phone. Stuck it in the #1 spark plug hole turned crank over by hand and watched my piston go up and down and the valves open and close. Pretty cool tool.

I bought one of those too.
Checked out my cowl.
Pretty cool!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
544 Posts

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
One that I put off buying for YEARS was a GOOD brake/fuel line flaring tool.

I finally bought the "Eastwood" one a few years ago. I think there's more affordable knock offs now. The difference in the garbage flares I used to make compared to now is almost scary. Kinda made me mad I waited so long to buy one :lol:

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Bought good sets this weekend.
Had several sets, but they all sucked.
Bought a real set months ago myself. SO much easier and better quality results. I used to use similar stuff when I working in a production factory and it is good to use some real equipment again.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
A connecting rod balancer from Proform.

·
Administrator
19,635 Posts
A connecting rod balancer from Proform.
My first thought was "?, I made my own." Then I Googled it and saw that they are selling pretty much what I made for nothing out of various leftover bits for $164. Wow! Nice and professional looking though I guess.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I keep hoping I will run across a used one. Though I could do as you did and build one , I just don't have the time or initiative to do so. LOL I know I would weigh everything I have and weight match the "non sets" into sets and then it would start collecting dust. I am fortunate to have a balance shop that appreciates me bringing the crank , flywheel , damper, and a bob weight to balance to. It cuts my balance cost in half. With as many as have been made and as many shops that have closed , I'm surprised it hasn't already happened. Time is on my side!
Randy

·
Registered
269 Posts
I finally got a MIG welder and gas a few months back. I'd been using a cheapo flux core from Wallyworld before this. I regret not getting one sooner but the new HF Titanium models brought them down to a price I could justify.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts