Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to install the front door glass on my 69 mustang and after carefully removing the glass from the tracks and scraping what seemed to be JB weld out of them, I need to know the correct kind of glue/epoxy, whatever...It doesn't have to be "correct" restoration quality, but rather something that just wont come undone.
also if anybody knows the correct way to set the glass in place so the adhesive sets up with the glass in the correct position would also be very helpful. I was going to crank the glass all the way up to the top and let it rest against the new roof rail weatherstripping at its foreward and top most postions. Would that be correct? Does anybody offer new door glass for these cars? Any help would greatly be appreciated.
thanks, Tom

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
You're in luck...get a copy of this month's Mustang Monthly...they have a How To article on regluing 69 side windows....that's the september Mustang Monthly, page 48.
They suggest using Titan 800EM windshield adhesive, not sure how concours that is but I imagine you won't be able to tell when it's installed anyway.

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
Those are for stationary glass, and woudln't hold up long on '69 door/quarter windows.

I've always used JB Weld. So far out of 6 windows that I used JB Weld on (between our 3 '69's) I've not had one come loose yet. The first one we did was about 3 years ago on my daugther's daily driver. The windows in all 3 of our '69's get a lot of use, too, since they are all non-A/C cars, and temps are often above 100 here in Sacramento.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Might try reading further down the page. (and I'll be more specific in the future)..., you want the "high viscosity" stuff.

hence "structurally bond" in the description.

I'm just tellin' ya' this stuff isn't all gooey,..it gets VERY HARD when it cures. ::

(if that's not strong enough then maybe we need some "super structural" stuff)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts