Vintage Mustang Forums banner

21 - 40 of 390 Posts

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
A driver's side front frame rail crunch would be consistent with the freeway slide where the left front tire "folded" under in one scene. Nice find. There should be some frame re work too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
67 9" in back. I wonder why?

Looks like some comedian is building a clone, too bad they put a 67 9" in there. The 68 and later 9" didn't have a filler plug.

·
I won a special award
7,409 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
2nd Bullitt

OMG...that is huge news and fantastic. Being Mexico, I could see how it would drop off the radar.
Its hard to fake a data plate like that.
One of the biggest finds in 25 years...
Next up, Morrison's Shelby!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
This is pretty cool! Something ironic about one movie car possibly being turned into another movie car clone.
Eleonor almost got a hold of this one, the shop that got it does that for a living... I know, dont shoot the messenger, I cringe when they do that, I prefer to turn a coupe in to a FB the Eleonorize it... but thats just me...

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Amazing - looking forward to progress updates and as Paul Harvey says - "The Rest Of The Story" - Thanks for sharing this Federico

·
Registered
4 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Fede, very cool find. You always hear about cars being destroyed and the like . . most times I don't buy it. It just lip service for people to forget about it. Very very cool!

·
Premium Member
5,696 Posts
I'm not buying. If there was a list of long-lost movie cars that if "found" to still exist, after years of reports of being beyond salvage and crushed, that would be of Lord-only-knows-how-much-value, this would be a car near the top of that list. Maybe the very top. Imagine. The temptation to pull an elaborate hoax for the huge potential monetary gain would be irresistible to some people. Someone skilled and determined enough, and with the wherewithal, could fake all that, including the Data Plate/vins and the mods. By all accounts the movie car in question was damaged beyond repair from the extreme stunts it performed. Does the damage in these pics look like it was a totaled car to you? Paper trail? No need for a scammer to worry about that, the car is not supposed to exist so there wouldn't be one. How convenient.

How much would it cost to do a convincing fake? Go ahead and pick a number, but whatever it is would be a pittance compared to the value of it on the collector car market. A spanking huge profit to reap if you can pull it off. HUGE.

What's more, would not the owner of such a car release it's existence and entertain ginormous offers for it, rather than turn it over to some shop likely to actually devalue it from it's original as-found condition?

Call me skeptical but I'm not buying this story.

·
Registered
760 Posts
You bring up some good points 4ocious, and the "sending it off to restore it" has been bothering me too. "As found" would bring the money, restoring this car would all but ruin it.

OP, if this is real, strongly advise your friend NOT to have this car "restored", I think that will devalue it, if its THE car, its supposed to be banged up.

·
Premium Member
5,696 Posts
You bring up some good points 4ocious, and the "sending it off to restore it" has been bothering me too. "As found" would bring the money, restoring this car would all but ruin it.

OP, if this is real, strongly advise your friend NOT to have this car "restored", I think that will devalue it, if its THE car, its supposed to be banged up.
Looks like the ill-advised (or very cleverly planned) "restoration" is already well underway to me. :shrug:

21 - 40 of 390 Posts