Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody
What would be a good deal on a set (4) of 14x5 Styled wheels with lug nuts and caps. This would be for my 65.
What would you expect relistically to pay for a set?

P.S. I know everybody is thinking why I am using this size. But I am trying to go as close to concourse on my 65 Gt Conv as possible.

My next car after I sell this one I am going ratical. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
About 500 bucks is the best deal I've seen. However, it is the freight that will kill you - since those things are big and heavy.

You might try attending one of the larger shows and pre-arrange to pick them up from one of the Mustang parts vendors that will be there.

BTW - If you'd like a slightly wider wheel, the 67 wheels are 5.5s and look pretty close to the 65s (although I think the 67s use trim rings).

·
Registered
189 Posts
Yea i agree about 500 , but they probably not gonna be show quality unless you are lucky. I paid 320 for four rims then 60 more for ford lugs and also had to buy four(dont tell anybody) repo center caps for 80 . 320-60- 80 = 480 plus paint and i had to pick them up. Probably never see the road again, been three years on the shelf. Oh yea they arent show quality but they are K/h orginal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts